In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- During this trip, he started to shift his attention from ballistics back to mathematics.
- Towards the end of the war, Goldie was transferred to London, where he worked on ballistics at the Woolwich Arsenal.
- Transitional ballistics is a complex science that involves a number of variables that are not fully understood; therefore, it is not an exact science.
- Case head expansion and dropped primers occurred long before ballistics got interesting.
- Internal ballistics modeled the forces inside of a gun barrel while external ballistics modeled the flight of a projectile.
- Vidocq may not, as his admirers claim, have invented fingerprinting and the science of ballistics, but he did show the importance of keeping detailed criminal records.
- If you could forgive the ends, the means was actually a neat project in puerile ballistics.
- The embedded ballistics of the FCS ballistic computer gives the gunner range and accuracy.
- In 1940 Wilkinson began war work which involved mathematical and numerical work on ballistics.
- He had a real understanding of fortification, ballistics and shipping, and could discuss mathematics and astronomy on equal terms with experts.
- The characteristics of spider silk could have applications in areas ranging from medicine to ballistics.
- It bans the private sale of all firearms, creates a Federal ballistics database, and much more.
- By the mid-nineteenth century, advances in physics, chemistry, metallurgy, and ballistics were influencing the manufacture of weapons.
- In addition, there were other equally profound developments in areas such as firearms and ballistics, mechanics, shipbuilding, mining, distillation, and anatomy, to name but a few.
- No one intended to besmirch your handguns, but just to keep things straight, we checked with Winchester on our ballistics.
- A knowledge of ballistics involved a grasp of mathematics, and that too became a factor in changing military education.
- The ballistics model is First World War ballistics mathematics.
- Bliss worked on ballistics during World War I and designed new firing tables for artillery.
- The army had offered him a reserve officer's commission and the command of the office of experimental ballistics at its new Aberdeen proving ground.
- ‘Is a forensic firearm specialist the same as a ballistics expert? ‘asked the judge.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.