In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estadio de béisbol masculineparque de béisbol masculine Mexicoaproximadoto be in the ballpark
- total costs will be in the 5 million ballpark — el costo total será del orden de cinco millones
- several of the bids are in our ballpark — varias de las ofertas están a nuestro alcance
- a ballparkfigure/estimate — una cifra aproximada/un cálculo aproximado
- Anything having to do with ghosts, curses, eerie phenomena, and unexplained events in ballparks or associated with baseball teams is welcome.
- It doesn't hurt that he gets plenty of face time on the highlights with home runs that exit ballparks in the blink of an eye.
- I would argue that artificial turf and big ballparks entered and exited the baseball world at about the same time.
- It's all about baseball and road trips and cities we'd never visit if they didn't have Major League Baseball ballparks.
- Every Tuesday here at the Daily Blog, we'll unveil a list of baseball rankings - from best bullpens to best ballparks to best movies.
- Generations and two ballparks ago, Kiner belted an awe-inspiring 192 home runs between 1947 and 1950 in spacious Forbes Field.
- You know, I hit 55 home runs in that ballpark, including two in my first two at-bats.
- Competitive players, efficient training and cozy ballparks lead to good baseball.
- Just about every seat at a minor league game would be VIP level, with waiter service included, at today's major league ballparks.
- Lou Gehrig fell ill at the ballpark after months of masking the disease that would be named for him and kill him off in two years.
- Some of my line drives and fly balls that would have been home runs in other ballparks were against the fence for doubles in Washington.
- Attendance is up at 21 of the 30 major league ballparks, but here in Atlanta, the Braves are drawing their smallest crowds since 1991.
- Shrinking ballparks, postage-stamp strike zones, rocket-fueled baseballs and laboratory-powered hitters are just a few factors.
- My left fielder's watching it go out of the ballpark and the wind brings it back.
- And then there's the simplicity of a Visalia Oaks game - just baseball in a ballpark with no official name.
- Lively baseballs, sluggers, and big ballparks lifted baseball's popularity to new heights.
- And it appears clear that new downtown ballparks designed especially for baseball are helping generate urban revival.
- Still it was quite extraordinary to see him point, then hit the very next pitch out of the ballpark.
- While smaller ballparks have juiced home run totals, they have the opposite advantage on gap-to-gap hitters who utilize expanses of grass.
- ‘It's the biggest ballpark in baseball right now,’ Gonzalez moaned.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.