In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sala de baile femininesalón de baile masculine
- People are sleeping everywhere - in outlying permanent buildings, in the palace itself (with no a/c), in tents, in ballrooms and hallways.
- We saw the iceberg coming but we were too busy dancing in the ballroom to take action to avoid it.
- For one thing, the danger was always present in theaters, schools, ballrooms, and any other place where people mingled.
- There were ballrooms, three dining rooms, a social hall, beauty and barbershops, four bars, a Grand Salon and other entertainment salons.
- The casino resort also features three ballrooms and 30 meeting rooms with a total of 80,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
- The council will retain the present council chamber in the former ballroom at the Town Hall.
- It's a huge room - four big ballrooms joined together, acres of tables, a thousand and one chairs.
- Every inch of the mansion was beautiful, even the boarded up doors that led into the morning room and the ballrooms.
- In the south wing, there are the ballrooms, the music rooms, the library; the other rooms that are more academic than physical.
- It was glamorous as always with an ungodly amount of social elites crowding the ballrooms and game rooms.
- The roots of sweet music grew from the post World War I urban craze for large dance halls and for dancing in hotel ballrooms and private clubs.
- But there were almost certainly vast chambers and ballrooms that remained in the dark.
- Much of the step material in the dances came from popular culture sources such as ballrooms and vaudeville stages.
- I live in the biggest rooms: the drawing room, the dining room and the ballroom.
- The main hall has stone pillars and gives access to a ballroom, drawing room and library.
- The transportation of a distinct and local style of dancing to the dance halls and ballrooms of New York City is a journey made and remembered by the body.
- It said the building is still in a good state of repair, and the famous ballroom and banqueting hall are still in a condition to use.
- The hotel has top notch conference facilities, with four ballrooms, seven function room options and three atrium room set ups.
- Katherine led the way out of the ballroom and into the drawing room across the parlour.
- Silk upholstery - not wallpaper - covers the walls of the ballrooms, meeting rooms, guest rooms, and bathrooms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.