In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banana split masculine
- We finally finished up at the diner, only after I had to patiently wait for Liz to finish her double banana split hot chocolate fudge sundae and doubled meal.
- As for dessert, well, forget about mouthwatering cheesecake, banana split or tiramisu as they are not on the list.
- Everyone ordered dessert which consisted of a peach cobbler pie, three chocolate sundaes, a banana split and two tiramisus.
- There were two slices of pizza, a turkey sandwich, a banana split, and an ice cold soda.
- Who could forget his or her first banana split or chocolate sundae?
- I had gotten a hot fudge sundae and Brian got a banana split.
- One list of these contains such favourites as cheesecake, warm apple pie, fudge cake, sherry trifle, summer pudding and banana split.
- I looked down at the large remainder of the banana split sundae and sighed.
- I had a trio of sorbets (peach cognac, strawberry ouzo, raspberry/pear tequiia) instead of the banana split since I don't like bananas.
- ‘I'll have a go at a banana split in that case,’ I added.
- But then they tossed them in so much butter and olive oil that I would have been better off ordering a banana split.
- It's a seafood guy's prim, tricky version of a banana split, and it tasted pretty great, even to a meat guy like me.
- Still shaking from the cold, I ordered a hot chocolate instead of my usual banana split.
- In concept and appearance, this encased dessert holds all the promise of a swaddled banana split - or at least a churro.
- I have this mini-meal when I'm craving a banana split.
- Their banana split is done with crème fraîche and warm chocolate sauce - for just £1.50.
- Then we shared a banana split for dessert and I had some coffee.
- I got my classic favourite, a banana split, and Lara ordered a fudge sundae.
- May will have the medium banana split with strawberry, chocolate, and French vanilla.
- But what's a banana split without marshmallow, strawberry sauce, or maple walnuts?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.