In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So-called bancassurance generated 17.1 per cent of total premiums and 28 per cent of new life premiums in 2002, the report said.
- Without the bank's total commitment to an insurance strategy, bancassurance might be doomed to fail.
- Against a backdrop of consumer uncertainty towards financial products and a faltering stock market, Kane has his work cut out to create the UK's first successful bancassurance model.
- Consider a unit-linked bond, which is available from a number of life and/or bancassurance institutions.
- Some IFAs have questioned the logic of the move as they associate the Abbey name with bancassurance - selling savings products over the counter at bank branches.
- Of the others, Royal Bank of Scotland and HSBC look the more likely, the former in spite of chairman Sir George Mathewson's scepticism towards bancassurance.
- Kane sits on the group's bancassurance committee, representing insurance and investments, and he works alongside executive director Peter Ayliffe, who is responsible for retail banking.
- Charter Life is one of the pioneers of bancassurance in South Africa.
- Plenty of others have proved that bancassurance does not work very well, at least in the British market.
- We are using strong market positions to grow our business organically and are extending our distribution capabilities, in particular by entering into new bancassurance agreements.
- Acquiring Dresdner was meant to transform Allianz into a bancassurance powerhouse that would produce big revenues by selling insurance and banking products to the same customers.
- The first hurdle to be overcome in any merger, however, would be APN's institutional investors, which include Australian bank Westpac, fund manager Colonial First State and bancassurance group AMP.
- One example of retail convergence is the cross-selling of insurance products between banks and insurance companies, known as bancassurance.
- There could also be a boost for bancassurance - selling life and pensions products through banks - which has been slow to take off in the UK.
- There are also opportunities within bancassurance operations and the new unit will be expected to develop new products.
- O'Riordian said: ‘We believe there is big margin opportunity in bancassurance if you are offering good quality products.’
- With bancassurance untested in the UK, analysts say it is hard to quantify what level of sales could result from CGU's joint venture with the Royal Bank set up in November last year.
- But he maintains: ‘Of all the banks, Abbey National has been most successful at bancassurance.’
- The Life Insurance Corporation of India is shopping for strategic stakes in commercial banks to put bancassurance to better use.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.