In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1oso hormiguero rayado masculine
- The banded anteater of Australia is related to the platypus.
- The banded anteater (also known as the numbat) is a pouchless, diurnal marsupial from Australia.
- Numbats are also known as the banded anteater and the marsupial anteater.
- Its other name is banded anteater, although its favourite food is termites.
- Other wildlife species found in the reserve include the banded anteater, ocelot, coyote, black crested eagle, and emerald toucanet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.