In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1director de banda masculine
- Caroline's father Isaac was an oboist in the Hanovarian Foot Guards and rose to become the bandmaster.
- These were played with great enthusiasm but no skill by various scouts, but we never found a bandmaster.
- Military bandmasters were able to arrange pieces to suit their players and instruments, and many became composers themselves.
- The bandmaster, John Ward, helped me to learn the basics but he was not that familiar with it either as the instrument was so new.
- A note on the back of the original print names the bandmaster as ‘Mr Metcalfe, Skipton.’
- He is now undertaking the bandmaster's course at Kneller Hall, Twickenham.
- ‘Our old accordions are worn out and have given us great service,’ says bandmaster Peter Smith.
- He has been bandmaster of the Morawa Brass Band since 1960, but began with the band in 1948 playing the euphonium.
- Zorn is also known for his desire for absolute control; a familiar feature in large-scale bandmasters.
- I remember clearly the red turban of the Sikh bandmaster but can't recollect anything sensible about the rest of the band.
- The education department paid a bandmaster because there were 5 school bands in Newcastle.
- The bandmaster's stick, glowing at both ends, moved in circles, though you could not see the man behind it.
- The congregation sang the American battle hymn, the US national anthem and God Save the Queen, accompanied by Wilton Royal British Legion Band, led by bandmaster Bob Hardy.
- Striking that balance between old and new will always be difficult, but after a few numbers here, memories of their old bandmaster begin to fade.
- He was also the bandmaster for the Rum City Silver Band and in 1977 formed a community band made up of students from the schools at which he taught.
- The article provoked anger at Miller from certain army brass and some old-line military bandmasters.
- Sergeant Caroline Constantine, 31, is currently on the bandmaster's course at the Royal Military School of Music at Kneller Hall.
- I thanked the bandmaster for his gesture, but could hardly get the words out.
- Wallace Hartley was the bandmaster on the Titanic and it is reported he and the band played on while the ship sank.
- He was perhaps not a great composer like his brother, but was still an important pedagogue and bandmaster who went down in the history of Turkish music as the founder of European tradition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.