In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sierra de cinta feminine
- Mr Stockting, a bandsaw operator, said: ‘This has got to stop.’
- Use a bandsaw to cut the radius to a depth of no more than 1-1/4 inches.
- The professionals often speed the process up with a bandsaw, but these have a tendency to waste a lot of bowstaves until you know what you're doing.
- At the heart of most shops, you can find a heavy-duty table saw or bandsaw, a thickness planer, and a jointer.
- They're all made with bandsaws and have strings.
- This is the sort of pattern one might expect from a bandsaw, with the slant resulting from the forward feed of the block.
- This shaft powered a bandsaw, a lawn mower sharpener, an emery wheel grinder, a disc sharpener, a forge blower, and a trip hammer.
- Robert cuts the tubes into 3-inch lengths with his bandsaw.
- Need to cut a length of tube steel out in the scrap pile, but don't want to dig the steel out and haul it to a shop bandsaw?
- Between bouts of running a portable bandsaw mill and helping local people and businesses with computer problems, he tries to find time to play the violin and cello.
- The upper bearing is made with revolving shaft running in adjustable bearings, same as our regular bandsaws.
- The bandsaw, which was used to cut large pieces of meat and bone, was situated in the shop's main walkway, where people regularly passed by.
- In this exhibition, Terry Maker showed a dozen wall sculptures dated 2000 or 2001, most made of painted canvas rolled up into skinny tubes and cut in short lengths with a bandsaw.
- Her father was a bandsaw operator, and her mother looked after Mrs Austin and her two sisters.
- A hacksaw or metal cutting bandsaw is the tool to use here.
- The tools used comprise the usual suspects: hoists, tongs, routers, chainsaws, bandsaws and chisels.
- The firm has also recently taken delivery of a new 60 ins bandsaw which can handle most large logs, and serves other woodworkers in the area.
- The iMac keyboard is pretty sturdy and if you are careful you can actually lop almost a quarter inch off each end with a bandsaw, without cutting anything crucial.
- When the company introduced the bandsaw is still a mystery, but there are no ship saws listed in their 1888 catalog.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.