In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When you're handing over a bank draft for a second-hand car that costs about four times as much as the average new car you have every right to be fussy.
- The bank draft is, of course, no evidence that the funds emanated from Singh.
- Garda sources said a recurring feature of cheque and bank draft scams by professional criminals is that a naive company insider is persuaded to take most of the risk.
- At present, payments over Rs 10,000 can be made only by crossed cheque or bank draft.
- George Georgiou contributed $10,000, by way of a bank draft from his mother, and $5,000 of his own funds.
- The company has only agreed to cover entitlements by taking out a bank draft, rather than by the more reliable method of placing funds directly into a trust fund.
- We made a nice profit, and I've got a bank draft that should more than offset our expenses.
- According to Barry, the money was paid by way of a bank draft to FF.
- I also took advantage of the automatic bank draft, which made me eligible for an immediate interest-rate decrease.
- On Wednesday the Cook Islands fund to assist Niue stood at about $105,000, which Dr Woonton said will be given directly to the Niuean government in the form of a bank draft.
- One charge, dated July 13, 1992, related to a bank draft for £9,250 in the name of Marcella Irwin, who had given it to him to invest for her.
- He gave the PCEC a copy of a bank draft to prove it.
- When I received a confirmation of my order I posted them a bank draft.
- Adam relaxed back in his chair and put the bank draft in his pocket.
- Sending a bank draft is obviously cheaper than wiring the money.
- In January the Chernobyl Children's Charity 10K, received a late Christmas present in the form of a bumper bank draft for 22,000 from the ITC Students Union.
- However, she walked into City Hall at lunchtime yesterday and handed over a bank draft for €5,000.
- Bloodgood's sidekick, Badger, escapes with the bank draft to California and returns twenty years later to blackmail his former boss.
- Ms Breda Fleming, defending solicitor, said Thomas Donoghue was ordered to collect £1,500 for Friday's sitting and she had a bank draft for that amount in court.
- There are rackets now active in Bangladesh to steal those letters from post office, which contain bank draft / cheques and encash it in Hong Kong or another point falsifying identity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.