In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tasa de interés femininetipo de interés masculine Spain
- Presently, the United States have relatively high interest rates for both the bank rate and the prime rate compared to all other advanced industrialised countries.
- At present the German economy would benefit if its central bank was able to adjust the German bank rate.
- The central bank this week cut the bank rate from 9.75% to 9.25% effective from 24 September.
- The Reserve Bank of India reduced its policy target, the bank rate, by a quarter-point, to 6.25%, and trimmed its repurchasing rate by the same amount, to 5.5%.
- The bank rate, which garners much attention as an indicator of the health and direction of the economy, is a compound interest rate.
- He noted that the Bank of Namibia reduced the bank rate during the year and that commercial banks followed suit.
- Two weeks ago, the central bank reduced its bank rate by 25 basis points to 7.50%.
- Currently, the US bank rate is at a 41-year low of 1.25 percent.
- However, in a climate of rising interest rates, bonds tend to be regarded as less enticing investments as the difference between the bank rate and bond yield narrows.
- Just for the record, the bank rate remained unchanged.
- The central bank left its bank rate at 7.50% during the last review on 14 October.
- The central bank has reduced its bank rate by 150 basis points and expressed the hope that commercial banks will reduce their interest rates correspondingly.
- There has been no change in the bank rate, the repo rate and the cash reserve ratio.
- New Zealand has the highest bank rate in the developed world.
- If the local bank rate is 0,25% lower than in South Africa, it simply means that money in Namibia is a little bit cheaper than in South Africa.
- The Bank of Namibia said on Thursday that it has decided to reduce its bank rate by 50 basis points to 7.75% from 8.25% with effect from 12 December.
- On July 16, the Bank of Canada hiked its overnight bank rate by a quarter point, to 2.75%.
- The bank rate was kept stable at 6 per cent and the GDP growth rate for 2004-05 was projected at 6.5-7 per cent.
- In the same month of 1961, the UK bank rate was raised to 7%.
- On July 21, it raised its key bank rate 1 percentage point and its cash reserve requirement by a half point.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.