In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(business)banca feminine(charges/system) bancario
- Last week Abbey National announced plans to pay interest on credit balances and will also offer free banking to new business accounts.
- All the banks provide free daily banking for their teenage and student accounts.
- Most banks offer free banking to students, along with other discount services.
- In the ever-competitive business of finance and banking, Bangkok Bank is striving to excel in customer service and provide quality products.
- In America, mortgage lending is against the asset, not the person, and the bargain is more like asset financing than personal banking.
- The Bank of Scotland, whose merger with Halifax should be approved by shareholders in July, became the first bank to offer free banking for life to UK small businesses last year.
- This year's package for all other students continues to offer free banking over the phone, online or in their student branch.
- Government and education will emerge on the technology horizon and banking and financial services will continue their strong run.
- However, the outlook is not entirely bleak for financial institutions that are trying not only to improve customer service by offering online banking, but are also trying to reduce their costs.
- AIB, on the other hand, only offers free banking to personal customers who maintain a minimum credit balance of £400 in their account.
- Abbey claims that small businesses which switch to it from a Big Four bank could save £1,000 annually, through free banking and interest on current accounts.
- Typical perks include preferential mortgages and personal loans, free banking, a pension fund, overtime, bonuses and share options.
- In Iceland it provides corporate, commercial and investment banking services, private banking and asset management.
- In three early chapters, he dealt with the relationships of money, commercial banking and business cycles to prices.
- Customers who maintain a minimum balance of €500 in an Ulster Bank current account qualify for free banking, she said.
- The government has yet to propose its final details, but the accounts should offer all basic banking services without giving access to credit.
- There's nothing to stop a customer taking their current account business to one of the banks that offer free banking, like Permanent TSB and National Irish.
- National Irish Bank's student account offers free banking and an interest-free overdraft where the limit can be agreed with the bank.
- IIB Bank provides a wide range of banking services, including corporate and business banking, private banking and treasury and capital markets services.
- In this area, scale can be the route to failure - because commercial and business banking is about relationships and good service.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.