In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bautizarshe was baptized Mary — la bautizaron con el nombre de Mary
- Deliziosi, Don Pino's biographer, notes the paradox of a parish priest who died at the hands of Christians who were baptized in the same parish.
- Many Christians have been baptised with the Holy Spirit but due to careless living (lack of prayer or living in sin) they are no longer filled with the power.
- Both children were baptized in the parish last week.
- Ironically, John promises that Jesus will baptize us with the same elements that the author of Isaiah mentions as dangers.
- The different Christian sects baptize children according to their own religious traditions.
- As a youngster, I was baptized but had no Christian upbringing.
- When it was reported that a Christian midwife secretly baptized a Jewish infant who died a few days later, the body was exhumed from the Jewish cemetery and buried beside the local church.
- Like many people who were baptized and raised by Christian parents, I have no recollection of the precise moment I became a Christian, nor do I recall a time when I was an unbeliever.
- Christians were to be baptized in their parishes, be married, make their confessions, take communion, and be buried there.
- Although He had nothing to repent of, Jesus Christ was baptized as an example for those who truly follow Him.
- The communal nature of this endeavor is based in baptism, because all who are baptized belong to Christ and are committed to follow him as disciples.
- I accepted Jesus as a child, was baptized, attended a Christian school, and participated in Bible quizzing.
- In 1925 father was baptized upon the confession of his faith in Jesus Christ and accepted as a member in the Neuendorf Mennonite Church.
- Both children were recently baptized in the parish.
- Four babies were baptised in the parish over the last two weeks.
- On the other, immense courage is needed to confess Christ, be baptised, and live and witness as a Christian.
- If they are Christian, they baptize their children.
- Consequently, at no time during his pastoral career could he baptize babies or administer the sacraments, although he could both preach and instruct children in religious precepts.
- Easter was also the natural time for baptising adults who wished to follow the way of Jesus Christ.
- Here, the biblical narrative describes how Christ was baptized, how he defeated Satan and the work of sin, and how he ascended to reign on his heavenly throne.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.