In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This gave rise to variations culminating in the michelada, with a spicy base as elaborate as a secret barbecue sauce.
- Add the reserved barbecue sauce and toss to combine.
- The veggies included an assortment of mushrooms, peppers, okra and eggplant, which were all seasoned with a light barbecue sauce.
- Also, replace fast-food special sauces, which tend to be mayo-based, with mustard, ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- I liked it even without the peppery sweet barbecue sauce, but the sauce was good, too.
- Pork chops in a Peking-style barbecue sauce are scrumptious.
- All great barbecue chefs agree that barbecue sauce is a condiment to be used to dress the meat before serving, or to be served on the side.
- Be sure to add your own barbecue sauce at the condiment stand to give it additional flavor and moisture.
- I recommend using condiments such as barbecue sauce, mustard, ketchup, salsa and even low-fat mayonnaise (I avoid the full-fat variety).
- Salt is already in many foods, but processed foods and condiments (such as ketchup, barbecue sauce, and soy sauce) have the most salt.
- Return to a boil, add the semi-soft dried tomatoes with the barbecue sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; add the barbecue sauce and stir in the cheese until incorporated into the sauce.
- Or add the leaves to baked beans, barbecue sauce, salad dressings, soups, and stews.
- Beware of mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, steak sauce, seasonings and fat-free salad dressings, which can be high in sugars or sodium, contributing to water retention.
- Unless, that is, you like your barbecue sauce syrupy sweet and goosed with liquid smoke.
- For dinner, we had grilled pork tenderloin, potato gratin and a wonderful barbecue sauce that my old friend Cissi makes.
- Their cafeterias serve burgers with barbecue sauce, peanut butter and jelly, even lobster - all imported, not least as a precaution against poisoning.
- The barbecue sauce was a sweet, tomato-based mesquite glaze, and the greens were classic French haricots verts, salted with bits of cured bacon.
- She put it on the biscuit she had, and surprise, surprise, it was vinegar barbecue sauce.
- Mayonnaise, salad dressings, ketchup, barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, sweet pickles and many other products have entered the low-carb fray.
salsa para servir con carnes a la parrilla o para adobarlas antes de asarlas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.