In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Urine screening tests for drugs of abuse detect general classes of compounds, such as amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, or opiates.
- Female adolescents with sexual abuse histories were also more likely to use hallucinogens, tranquilizers, barbiturates, and inhalants.
- Other types of drugs, including barbiturates, sedative antidepressants, and antipsychotic drugs, are less preferred because of their side effects (which range from gastric irritation to high risk of addiction).
- Siva's devotees are forbidden to use drugs of abuse, such as cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, barbiturates, psychedelics and marijuana, unless prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Clearly, however, without further research, a presumption that temporal consistencies exist for other drugs, such as marijuana, barbiturates, and methamphetamine, would be an unsubstantiated one.
- The only two classes of drugs that show any sign of modest increase - at least among 12 th graders - are barbiturate sedatives and minor tranquilizers.
- In addition, there were also significant differences on use of hallucinogens, tranquilizers, barbiturates, and inhalants between these two groups.
- Until twenty years ago the main group of sedative drugs were the barbiturates, now almost entirely replaced by the benzodiazepines.
- Tranquilizers, amphetamines, barbiturates, marijuana, or hallucinogens were listed by the remaining 9% of the women as their primary drug.
- Drugs for which subjects were tested included cocaine, opiates, marijuana, phencyclidine, benzodiazepines, methaqualone, methadone, propoxyphene, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- We found minor differences in prevalence rates for some broad drug categories, such as cocaine, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- The specific drugs included marijuana, cocaine, crack cocaine, PCP, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- Amphetamines, barbiturates, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, anti-depressants, and analgesics, for example, were available over the counter or through a doctor's prescription and were widely used.
- It is recommended, therefore, that the current study be replicated with less popular drugs of abuse, such as barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and methamphetamine.
- They note that sedative drugs such as benzodiazepines, barbiturates, deep sedation, and anesthesia may increase the amount of faster background EEG readings and interfere with interpretation.
- For example, because alcohol, barbiturates and sedative-hypnotics accelerate methadone metabolism, they foster withdrawal symptoms.
- The third measure, polydrug use, is the sum of hallucinogen, amphetamine, barbiturate, cocaine, and heroin use.
- Random urine toxicology screens were done at admission and several times throughout the inpatient treatment program to confirm the absence of any cocaine, opiates, barbiturates, or benzodiazapines.
- These drugs fall into three subgroups: barbiturates and barbiturate-like drugs, minor tranquilizers and alcohol.
- Class B drugs, which carry a maximum penalty of two years for possession and five years for trafficking, include amphetamine, marijuana and barbiturates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.