In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For example, you will never catch me at a clubby club where people are taking body shots and barfing on the floor.
- 08: 16 a.m. - Andy apologetically dives under the bed and finishes barfing.
- A lady passing you a paper bag on an airplane isn't doing it because she cares for you as much as she doesn't want to get barfed on.
- And no, despite what you think, we were not copulating and each taking turns leaning over our respective sides of the bed barfing up green beer.
- And then I got on a train for a long journey in the dark in which the old lady on the neighbouring table barfed repeatedly all over the table and herself, and the seat, and her dog.
- Oh well, I have special permission to be raunchy because I'm sick and I feel like barfing.
- The last time I barfed for any reason was over a year ago, and I don't believe I've ever imbibed any quantity of alcohol that has directly led me to spew.
- I bought loads of pills and took loads of pills and just about managed to get through the day and get home before promptly barfing all over the place and collapsing exhausted onto the sofa.
- If I can only get it up the stairs without barfing out a lung, the season will be off to a fine start.
- The place is all set up for a smashing party - $90 and you'll be barfing all the way back to the idle buffet with your very own bottle of Chivas Regal.
- To balance this there are sickly terrifying moments aplenty: projectile infected-blood barfing, a crazed dog darting out of the woods to attack, a rotting friend locked away in a tool shed.
- Once airborne and spinning, it was mano a mano until the loser barfed.
- He then walked out the front door, and as the cold night air hit him, barfed all over one of the flower beds out the front.
- She brought joy to our lives; she barfed on the carpet.
- Jackson's comment on seeing the preview: That kid barfed in the car!
- I was there last year, and some guy barfed all over the table in the middle of the second five-minute period.
- Noel Coward couldn't have barfed with this much casual panache.
- Hopefully, I will not get my camera pooped / barfed on and will have fun photos up Saturday night and Sunday morning.
- If you feel like your gagging/choking / barfing, go slower, or take a little break.
- The fungus smelt so foul and looked so foul I very near barfed.
- It tasted similar to the taste of your mouth after a barf.
- ‘Hold onto your barf,’ remarks a man to his wife and kids as they observe the Millennium Drop.
- So to sum it all up, I have to make sure Chloe doesn't die or anything because if she threw up now while she's lying on her back, she would choke on her own barf and die.
- For her part, after a good barf and a micro-nap, the kid seemed much improved both for that evening, and since.
- I didn't ask my driver to step on it nor did I inform him of my sickly state because if there's one thing cabbies fear more than, say, a passenger with a loaded gun, it's a passenger on the brink of a good barf.
- The smell was enough to make one's mouth fill up with barf.
- ‘Not to fast or I'll be having to clean up barf,’ the redhead vampire's sardonic voice chided.
- Now I need to eat some grass and have a good barf.
- But, luckily, neither of us had gotten splattered with barf.
- But we must all remember how good the babies feel after a good barf.
- I slowly made my way along the hallway where my locker resided, each wall was a dull beige that reminded me of barf after eating a ton of peanut butter.
- There was a veritable fountain of barf, cascading over everything in a ten feet radius.
- 08: 15 a.m. - Rana returns to bedroom to find kitty barf all over the bed.
- Idiot muttered, he had stayed, making sure I didn't choke up to death with my own barf; and I heard his footsteps leaving the girls' bathroom.
- The lovely sound of barf hitting the trash can became background music to Mark and Hikaru's yelling.
- Oh wait, I forgot - Julia Sweeney winds up covered in dog barf.
- For someone to stick his tongue into the cavity where all that barf had come out of so soon after the event - it was just WRONG man.
- He looked at me and saw me, covered in barf leaning over the branch.
- She'd take the latter gratefully, then unfurl the cone flat onto the table in front of her, and then barf all over it.
- I've cleaned up a lot of cat barf in my time, and normally it's not so bad.
- I immediately ran in to go and claim a bedroom before Tricia could take the pretty one and leave me with the one that looked like barf and smelled even worse.
- Besides cleaning up barf, breaking up fights and propping up staggering patrons, owners and waiters can get sued if overly-lubricated lushes kill or injure someone on their drive home.
- before letting loose with a chunky love stream of ropey barf.
- He obviously didn't want anymore barf on his rug, so he said, ‘Very well, Mr. Reed, you can take Miss Parker home and put yourselves to bed.’
- I was soaked to the skin with nasty half-digested, yoghurt-smelling, carrot-chunked barf.
- I am suspicious of a play that depends on the advanced cloddishness of its characters, and whose biggest coup is the unexpected and very realistic barf of one of them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.