In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cerveza inglesa muy fuerte
- Robert Gagnon, owner of 24-tap The Gate Bar in Brooklyn, says ‘We consciously focus on the styles that don't come out consistently, like winter warmers and barley wines.
- For a squeamish diary writer it was enough to send me to the editor's well-stocked drinks cabinet for a nip of his favourite barley wine.
- That is going to open the floodgates for our customers to try barley wines and Belgian doubles and triples,’ Lane says.
- Brodrick has an ice beer festival planned in December, and likely will host a winter warmer festival in January and feature barley wines sometime in February.
- Though a pate, rich and gamy in flavor, may require the creamy weight and tartness of a barley wine or bock beer.
- A porter, having put a load of waste paper on the ground is eagerly quaffing this best of barley wine.
- I imagine that many a cup of mead or barley wine was raised at many a neolithic celebration to express a similar sentiment.
- We're also trying to serve the Belgian beers and big beers, like barley wines, in the traditional glasses.
- We always have a pilsner, pale ale, stout, a red or amber ale, a barley wine or strong ale, a seasonal beer and usually at least three IPAs.
- Extra strong ales and lagers, bock beer, Adam bier, and barley wine are the brandy, cognac, and port equivalents of the beer world, capable of Armagnac status on the tongue.
- German wheat beers are good with sweets, they said; Mackeson complements a ham sandwich; and barley wine with blue cheese ‘cuts through the fattiness better than any port’.
- Their favorite drinks are barley wine and tea with butter.
- It has a strong taste, like most older ales, but is not like barley wine.
- The sergeant beckoned the waitress, ordered a barley wine for himself and a small bottle of that for his friend.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.