In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Those present were not shy when it came to singing, or using the floor, for a favourite barn dance played to the healing rhythm of the dancing flames flickering on the walls in the fading light.
- There will be a barn dance in Jack's Bar, Askeaton on Friday, April 16 in aid of the Special Baby Unit, Maternity Hospital, Limerick.
- We ain't talking about a stolen kiss at the barn dance, y'understand.
- Cast and crew celebrated after the run with a Harvest Fest barn dance, which ran into the early hours of the morning.
- This year's event will conclude with a barn dance.
- In Grange Hall on Thursday, January 29, there will be a barn dance starting at 10 p.m. to raise funds for the N.W. Hospice.
- This is the band that provided such excellent music at last year's barn dance.
- They also went to a couple of barn dances and a church picnic in town together.
- An enjoyable youth barn dance was held on Friday night in the Old Tithe Barn, Stanway, by kind permission of Mr Guy Benson and Lady Violet Benson.
- Finally he said, ‘There's going to be a barn dance in town tomorrow night and I was thinking that maybe you would like to go with me.’
- Mrs. Wilcock had told Thirza that her daughter Myra would be at the culmination of the weeks festivities which was a barn dance being held at the village hall on Saturday night.
- He looked like some weird gentleman farmer at a barn dance - ‘Hello, well done everybody‘.
- A barn dance will take place in Kinlough Community Centre on Friday, June 20, commencing at 10.30 pm.
- The couple are celebrating their anniversary on December 19 with a barn dance for friends and family this weekend.
- Hamilton's hosted a spectacular old-fashioned barn dance over the weekend.
- There is word about a barn dance coming to town but you'll read more about that next week.
- A barn dance will be held at Hither Green Primary School to raise money for the charity Volunteer Reading Help, which supports children in the borough who find reading a challenge.
- If you're after a dance floor that is occupied by people who wouldn't look out of place at a church hall barn dance then this is the place for you.
- This would have been the first year I could have stayed at the barn dance all night.
- Class distinction goes out of the window when Lords, Ladies, gamekeepers and farmers all wear Barbour to some country pursuit like a clay-pigeon shoot or barn dance.
fiesta donde se baila música folclórica
- Forget truth, principles and allegiance, the council chamber now appears to be like a bad barn dance with Better Bedford calling ‘change your partners step this way.’
- The dances are not energetic in the sense that a barn dance or a ceilidh is.
- He loved music and was a caller at local barn dances and enjoyed sequence dances.
- The dance troupe was wearing dungarees and wellies and carrying buckets, and the routine was performed in a barn dance style.
- The band began to play weddings and barn dances, but found that even with a mix of covers and their own songs, the music was taking a strange turn all its own.
baile folclórico inglés
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.