In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The band coalesced in 1998 during a legendary trek across Canada, where the members busked and barnstormed for gas money and food whenever they could.
- Catch the insanity on and off the stage with The Kids in the Hall as they barnstorm across North America on their historic 2000 reunion tour.
- He tells the life of a child in a family troupe of actors as they barnstorm the West and South, including a stint near the front during the Mexican-American War.
- After briefly working with B.B. King in Memphis, Perkins barnstormed the South with Earl Hooker during the early fifties.
- He's toured from coast to coast, playing both clubs and festivals, and barnstormed his way across England.
- Paige, in particular, became nationally famous through barnstorming around the country.
- San Francisco poets Tarin Towers and Daphne Gottlieb, Eitan Kadosh from L.A. and Phoenix's Eirein Bradley barnstormed with O'Hara through 35 U.S. cities over the summer.
- His recordings were freshly introduced to new listeners daily and he barnstormed the country before capacity crowds all through the 90s before disbanding the organization, warehousing the gear and taking a break.
- Lou hung tough and earned an increasingly fine living simply by being himselfa broadcaster, a bandleader, an irrepressible salesman, and a radio station chieftain.
- The original Dodworth brothers were founding members of the New York Philharmonic and their brass band, the Dodworth Band of New York, barnstormed the country during the Civil War.
- Together with 1st drummer Randy Curnew they barnstormed Canada, touring by any means possible and self-releasing their first record "Midnight is the Answer" on vinyl w/ a free cd early '04.
- Springtime for Henry played Broadway in the early '30s and then again in the early '50s but became a laughingstock as Edward Everett Horton repeatedly barnstormed it.
- Shouldn't be too hard a chore, especially as the trio barnstorms through various cities across Canada in and around the Junos.
recorrer zonas rurales durante una campaña electoral
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.