In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abogado masculineabogada feminine
- Should you be able to sue barristers and solicitors who are negligent in acting for you in a legal case?
- The barristers, or advocates, wear the garb they would wear in courts in their own homeland.
- So what is it about politics that attracts so many solicitors and barristers?
- The defendants are represented by a defence team of three barristers and two solicitors.
- A decision has been taken that the judge Mr Justice Hooper and barristers are not to wear wigs or gowns.
- He was grilled in the witness box for 15 days by the prosecution and defence barristers on the issue.
- A further 50 questionnaires were sent to commercial and construction barristers.
- There is no reason to fear a flood of negligence suits against barristers.
- Instead I started by approaching solicitors and barristers known to me to seek access to their clients.
- They also said there should be reviews of the codes of conduct for barristers and solicitors.
- Francis had used five different firms of solicitors and six defence barristers.
- They may be inclined to agree to suggestions put to them by others, or, indeed, by barristers in the courtroom.
- This is not dissimilar to charges of professional misconduct as a barrister or solicitor.
- If there is anybody who knows an honest barrister or solicitor that can help me with my defence and so, please let me know.
- So both barristers and judges have to be very careful that they deal with juries in a way that helps them to deal with the subject matter.
- The two sides of the profession, barristers and solicitors, continue to exist, and both have expanded numerically.
- The Group can also receive payments from panel solicitors, barristers and mobile doctors.
- You are the first barrister without a solicitor that has ever appeared in front of me.
- The BBC reports that the judge and the barristers removed their wigs and gowns to make the courtroom less intimidating.
- We contend there is available insurance for barristers and solicitor advocates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.