In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(technique, carving)bajorrelieve masculine
- The medal should be seen as it was originally conceived - as a work of art, the highest expression of bas-relief sculpture.
- His works are wall pieces that look like drawings rendered in bas-relief.
- Ornaments carved in bas-relief presented flowing full figures, cherubs, flowers, and crowns.
- Inside the temples, however, bas-relief was employed, since it does not produce such contrasts and creates a serene effect in the semi-dark.
- Basso relievo, low relief or bas-relief, is used when the scale of projection is very much less than that of the other dimensions and there is no undercutting at all.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.