In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms and a left basal pneumonia complicated his recovery.
- Thus, for four of the five treatments, the ratios of basal leaf to root were similar.
- It was not clear whether the two central cells of the basal region of the stalk derived from the subepidermal layer or not.
- These cells originate in the lower epidermis by division of basal cells in the basal layer.
- Cells are replaced from a basal layer of proliferating epidermal cells in contact with the basal lamina.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.