In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tunda femininepaliza femininesomanta feminine Spain informalmadriza feminine Mexico informalto give sb a bashing — ponerle una madriza a algn Mexico informal
- However, in the case at hand, were Chen's remarks so farfetched that they warrant this kind of public bashing of his credibility and authority?
- I made a vow not to engage in anymore nut-baiting or political bashing here.
- While certain Windsor family members have made some incredible mistakes, the relentless bashing from the press offers little room for the family to regroup and even less for forgiveness.
- After many years of bashing from pundits and politicians, affirmative action is on the ropes.
- Let us try to get beyond this bloody (I would have done the male thing and used an expletive, but bit my tongue) male bashing.
- The Opposition may carry on beneficiary bashing, but we are getting people back to work.
- I will stay in medicine, despite all the doctor bashing in the press, I am still proud to be part of the profession.
- Unlike the Leader of the Opposition, who is proposing beneficiary bashing under a rehash of the code of social responsibility, this Government is looking for real solutions.
- A show that has miraculously survived through low ratings and critical bashing for as long as it has deserves a better finale than this.
- Benefit bashing by the Opposition will not work in today's society.
- Jacques, baby, you sure make it hard for your friends to denounce mindless France bashing when you pull stuff like this.
- It was in defense of US bashing in a public forum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.