In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lo básicolo esencialyou have to learn the basics first — primero tienes que aprender lo básico
- we haven't much furniture, just the basics — no tenemos muchos muebles, solo lo básico / lo esencial
- we must get back to basics — tenemos que replantearnos todo desde cero
- let's get down to basics — vamos a lo que importa
- Beth ran her through the basics, softly explaining how the gun functioned.
- Once you're comfortable with the tai chi basics, you can do it by yourself.
- Players do the equivalent of tying a piece of string around their finger to remember the basics.
- Until you understand the basics of functions and algebra, the thought that a number can be predicted is a surprising one.
- Instead we should return to core food values, back to nutritional basics and revert to the heritage school dinners of old.
- He felt that the best way to go back to basics was to start teaching.
- I'm thinking it'll be necessary to go right back to basics.
- Most of the suffering due to sickness could be avoided if we knew the basics of health, exercise and nutrition.
- What really bothers me is that people seem to have an incomplete foundation in the basics of language skills.
- This explains why one of the basics of food hygiene is to keep raw or cold food cold, and cooked or hot food, piping hot.
- Under the program, nutrition educators taught students the basics about healthy eating.
- And surely they're old enough to learn the basics of critical thinking skills and skeptical analysis.
- Hence, the need of the hour is a school for our youth and talented players to congregate and learn the basics and the skills of the sport.
- Most Mothering readers know the basics of a healthy parent-child relationship.
- But once the bubble has burst they turn back to basics and begin studying exactly what companies and their profits are up to.
- It's quite alright to start within your comfort zone to help you build confidence and get the basics down pat.
- It is time to take a good hard look at our daily routines and re-learn the basics that are essential for health and longevity.
- More importantly though, it reminded me to get back to basics as far as parenting skills go, and dig out some of the books out of the boxes.
- A It's all too easy sometimes to forget the healthcare basics.
- By now you might have taken some of my words to heart, and so here are the basics in buying and owning a scooter
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.