In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(game)baloncesto masculinebásquetbol masculine Latin Americabefore noun basketball player — jugador de básquetbol masculine Latin America
- Apart from the football, the two most popular sports are basketball and weight-lifting.
- I was pretty much a lone wolf - even if I liked playing basketball, golf and tennis.
- Football was number one but he had also done athletics, basketball, volleyball and cricket.
- I get fed up with the number of points they score in basketball but I quite like a few goals in football.
- There were many other awards for sporting events such as basketball and football.
- So if you learn a simple tactic it can help with bigger games like netball and basketball and stuff.
- New court markings will allow sporty students to play basketball, netball and football indoors.
- Well in cricket, unlike in baseball or basketball or football, you get fights on the field.
- This is why, perhaps, football and basketball are the team sports with the widest global appeal.
- Nobody else was around but a rowdy game of basketball was being played in the court beside the grassy area.
- He tried American football and basketball, but found he didn't like team games.
- We can now use the facilities for sports like basketball and netball.
- Whether it be volleyball, tennis, track or basketball, she is always up for a game.
- You'll be able to watch live premiership games, basketball, golf, cricket, and all sorts.
- Ask them and you'll find out most of them have a great love of the game of basketball.
- I know how much they love basketball and love this team and want us to do well.
- The sport combines basketball and football, and is played with a volleyball in mixed sex teams of four.
- There is rough play, even dirty play, in football, basketball and soccer, but it is rare.
- The tactics and playing of the game are not unlike basketball or water polo.
- It will mean we'll be able to extend our facilities for hockey, football, netball and basketball.
- After a few minutes, however, he was ready to work and even let a member of the audience cue him to dunk basketballs and bow.
- Wow you would never guess they have sweaty guys run around here all day fighting over basketballs.
- If there are enough basketballs, pair the players so they can pass to each other.
- ‘There is a basketball coach but no basketballs for the players to use - they have hardly anything,’ he said.
- Injury from elbows or unseen basketballs can be prevented.
- They play with different-colored basketballs, different rules, and in different parts of North America.
- The yard is littered with basketballs, soccer balls, bikes, and, for trips on the nearby river, canoes.
- Children ran through the narrow dirt road with basketballs and jump ropes; fathers fired up their grills for a hamburger-and-hot dog dinner.
- Do not bounce basketballs while awaiting your tun to play.
- Then he had them do the lay ups without the basketballs.
- I can only say that I wish basketballs were smaller.
- Put the basketballs on the rack because you won't need them.
- There were basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, etc.
- Return the basketballs to their storage area after game or practice
- Donations of sports equipment such as basketballs, footballs, and table tennis gear were also made to encourage the youth to play more sports for their physical health.
- They were all in their street clothes, so I'd figured they'd vacated the locker room with the intention of going home… until they'd noticed the basketballs.
- For instance, if you're running the tried and true star drill, do it with 2 or even 3 basketballs at once.
- I can see what they are saying about some of the balls, as the kids bring in rugby balls and basketballs and it can possibly get a bit out of hand.
- Note that players 3 and 7 have basketballs, too.
- The videos (as you can see for yourself above) show two groups of students weaving in and out while passing basketballs around.
2(ball)pelota de básquetbol femininebalón de baloncesto masculine Spain
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.