In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The craft day will include classes in parchment work, decoupage, crochet, copper craft and basketry.
- I had always been fascinated with basketry and found basketry a means of doing sculpture.
- Other crafts include textiles, leatherwork, basketry, and stained glass.
- Unemployed people mostly revert to traditional economies such as fishing; gathering of wild fruits and vegetables; woodcarving; pottery; basketry, and iron forging.
- Other handicrafts include woodcarving and basketry.
2(goods)trabajos de cestería masculine
- I went to the market and I was in heaven, what with all the ceramics and woodwork and basketry and textiles and silverwork and everything.
- Crafts, particularly basketry, along with woven hangings and printed textiles, are developed for the urban and tourist markets.
- Basketry, pots and beadwork jewelry were interspersed, lending diversity of colors and textures to the exhibit.
- The Yavapai Indians have created some of the most beautiful basketry the world has ever seen, yet very little is recorded of their art.
- The museum features Native American artifacts, such as basketry, pots and masks, as well as a fabulous realistic/romantic Western painting collection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.