In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Put a bassinet, play yard, or crib next to your bed.
- These all-in-one systems have integrated car seats, strollers, and bassinets, which allow you to move your baby easily from car to stroller and back again.
- The tall woman lifted the baby from his bassinet and sat down.
- Relatively new on the market are three-sided infant bassinets, based on the design of a standard hospital bassinet, that can be attached to the mother's bed and locked in place.
- Some bassinets convert into a change table and most of them are portable, making them great for travel.
- Also, babies under a year don't really take up that much space other than their furniture (crib, bassinet, stoller, etc).
- You can use plastic ornaments and toys as your cake decoration, such as umbrellas, storks, bassinets, baby bottles, sports figure dells and newborn baby dolls.
- The baby lies comfortably in a white bassinet, swathed in soft butter-colored pajamas and a thin cotton blanket.
- Cribs, cradles and bassinets are traditionally woven from wickerwork.
- Also, for international flights, be sure to ask your booking agent about bassinets built into the bulkhead.
- There was the child, in his bassinet by the sofa.
- For her, her son's life has gone by so fast: He was eight pounds when he was born, but he was so long that his feet were hitting the sides of his bassinet.
- There is that same absolutely beautiful girl sitting in a well upholstered chair next to a bassinet.
- Well, why don't you just put her in the bassinet in the other room?
- Newborns are often in bassinets, which are only used for a short period.
- The decision to use a crib or a bassinet is one that many parents often wrestle with.
- And no matter where she is sleeping or pretending to sleep, whether it be in our bed, on top of me, in a bassinet beside the bed, or in her crib all the way over in her own room, I am having to re-train my body to sleep.
- Hand-me-downs such as cribs, bassinets, strollers, high chairs, and clothes can help save time and money.
- Years ago, unwanted babies were traditionally placed in bassinets on the doorsteps of churches or hospitals.
- At night the baby's bedroom door will be closed to keep him out, but inevitably he's going to sneak in there during a late night feeding or crawl into the bassinet in the living room when we're not looking.
2(baby carriage)cochecito masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.