In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(contra)bajista feminine(contra)bajo masculine
- Their songs were good, but I thought that the guitarist did a better job at singing than the bassist did.
- Bearded and flanked by a double bassist and a drummer he looks every inch the troubled, acoustic troubadour.
- You simply can't play if the bassist and the drummer aren't talking.
- Both the bassist and drummer come from musical backgrounds of hardcore and punk.
- They'd be well advised to acquire at least a bassist and drummer before they show their faces round here again.
- The band have been though a few changes over the last year or so, first losing their bassist & then their drummer.
- But the Music Department had a rule that bassists (meaning string and electric) had to play tuba as well.
- The band are now older, and on their third bassist, and the sound is not the same as it was.
- He had been due to catch a flight that morning to a musicians' camp for bassists in the US.
- The bassist's fingers at times became a blur as she plucked away at the strings like a madwoman.
- While bassist and drummer are resigned to lucrative obscurity, the lead guitarist is almost famous.
- Riffs are what happens when you leave the rhythm guitarist and the bassist alone in the studio for a couple of hours.
- Some really great crunchy pop tunes here with some head-bop inducing bouncy basslines delivered by one of the cutest female bassists I've seen in a while.
- The leaders of these two loving, live-quintet tributes are both bassists.
- Bands of that era also featured great pianists, bassists, trumpeters, flautists, violinists, and occasional saxophonists.
- They went through five drummers, six bassists, four keyboard players, four lead vocalists, but only one lead guitarist, quite an achievement.
- The bassist and drummer share lead vocal duties and both have good vocal abilities.
- The bassists we have lined up include Chicago Symphony and Lyric Opera Orchestra members and excellent free-lance Jazz musicians so this should be a very exciting project.
- And he has built up a ‘formidable reputation as one of the most dependable versatile, lyrical bassists of the European continent’.
- He's backed by an unintrusive bassist and percussion trio, doing his thing, and it's magic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.