In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine silla de ruedas
- However, the items that would be of most use is an old bath chair and an old style telephone.
- I can see myself sitting in a bath chair at 130 years old, rug over my knees, wheezing like an old concertina, as I regale everyone with tales of Glastonbury festival 1996 (those were the days).
- Later he went mad and spent three or four years in a bath chair spitting and making inappropriate suggestions to the nurses.
- After a time he lost the power of walking and had to exchange his daily constitutional for a bath chair, but no murmur of complaint escaped him.
- Nurse, the bath chair, please - I must be getting home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.