In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje de baño masculinebañador masculine Spainmalla (de baño) feminine River Platevestido de baño masculine Colombia
- Remember, however, to match the color of your sandals to that of your bathing suit.
- Both Abby and Carolena had shorts and a shirt on over their bathing suits.
- Lauren and Jade went up to Lauren's bedroom, to change into their bikini bathing suits.
- The beach site was littered with bathing suits, sunglasses, and rain gear, as if the castaways had just come from the mall.
- She had on shorts and a tank top over her bathing suit, and she smiled at him as he walked in.
- She ended up buying two bathing suits, two tank tops and a skirt.
- The streets are brimming with vendors selling everything from bananas to bathing suits.
- Most of them were tourists with Hawaiian print shirts or just in bathing suits and loose shirts.
- They are basically extensions of Speedo bathing suits with just a little more spandex.
- She looked at both bathing suits, then at me, then at the bathing suits again.
- I loved my bathing suit: a French cut bikini with a red and black checkerboard design.
- Instead of high-tech bathing suits, she was surrounded by high-priced business suits.
- Shown here is the aqua tiny tank that is perfect over one of those hot new bathing suits.
- Along with pink, check out the amazing flower prints blooming on everything from dresses and shirts to bathing suits and coverups.
- But as important as a sound back may be to us, summer is coming and we also want to look good in tank tops, bathing suits and strapless dresses.
- Nobody wants to wear wet bathing suits, or dirty bathing suits, so pack at least two.
- Lily had wanted to buy a new bathing suit and a few more tank tops, but she found herself uninterested all of a sudden.
- I decided to put on a loose white blouse with a pair of white capris, under which I wore my bathing suit.
- Not long ago, we were shopping for bathing suits and tank tops for those beautiful, hot summer days.
- Change out of wet clothes, bathing suits, or sweaty clothes as soon as possible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.