In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(room with bath)cuarto de baño masculinebaño masculine
- One of the bathrooms has a bath with shower attachment and brass fittings, while the other has a step-in electric shower and airing cupboard.
- Unusually for such a setting in South Africa, children are not only tolerated but actively welcomed, accommodated in loft-style rooms with their own bathrooms.
- Sitting in four acres of grounds, it includes three reception rooms, a billiard room, kitchen, five bedrooms, four bathrooms and a sauna room.
- Hence the state-of-the art bathrooms with rolltop baths, his and her washbasins and shower units with jet sprays.
- All the bedrooms and studies and sitting rooms were of Chinese style while the dining rooms, lounges and bathrooms were Western.
- Art deco bathrooms with deep baths are also on the large side, with antique silver taps and luxury amenities.
- A pine ceiling is a feature of the kitchen, while the family bathroom has a bath and shower.
- Before he came over, she went into her bathroom to find the toilet seat up and the roll of toilet paper left in a state.
- The first double bedroom has a timber floor and en suite bathroom with corner bath.
- At the rear are the marble bathrooms with their free-standing baths and the added bonus of underfloor heating.
- The main bathroom has a bath with separate shower cubicle and a polished wooden floor.
- Bedrooms will be built in pairs with bathrooms between each room.
- The bathroom has a bath, a toilet and a hand basin and is plumbed for a washing machine.
- The journey from after dinner play up to the bathroom and into the bath is getting rough.
- To the left is the family bathroom which has a bath, wash basin, toilet and tiled wall and floor.
- The bathroom includes a bath with wood surround as well as a period-style hand basin.
- Wondering where Brett was but not overly worried about it, Sera went to draw a bath in the luxurious bathroom.
- There will be eight single bedrooms, two bathrooms, storage rooms, offices, staff areas, a lounge, kitchen and dining room.
- The house has two studies, a library, a 15 ft kitchen, dining room, family room, sitting room, drawing room and two bathrooms.
- The family bathroom has a bath with shower attachment as well as a number of fitted shelving units.
2US(toilet)baño masculineservicio masculineto go to the bathroom — ir al baño / al servicio
- the dog went to the bathroom on the carpet — el perro ensució la alfombra
- before noun bathroom humor — humor escatológico
- bathroom scales — una báscula / pesa (de baño)
- I went to the bathroom once, then came back into my room and waited some more.
- Supervise them in places like malls, movie theaters, parks, public bathrooms, or while fundraising door to door.
- He made his way through all of them, the break room, the supply closet, even the bathrooms before he entered the large office at the front of the building.
- I grabbed a ratty towel from the outhouse bathroom and jogged away in the direction of the creek.
- You may have noticed, lately, that public bathrooms are increasingly automated, thanks to infrared systems.
- Works appeared in a variety of places - in the stations' public areas, in bathrooms, and inside and outside one of the subway trains.
- I had heard her get up to go to the bathroom so I was afraid she'd fallen or something.
- They also have generous bathroom facilities that they allow one to use in emergencies.
- The bathroom was a chemical loo in a tiny separate tent or, Aaron bashfully suggested, the great outdoors.
- Blair quietly gathered up the graded tests, placed them in a pile on the table, then went to the bathroom.
- The bathrooms all have little occupied signs on them, like airplanes, which is useful once you figure that out.
- I smiled at Jake and kissed him quickly before jumping out of the car and joining Aimee and the other girls who were heading towards the public bathrooms.
- Segregated public bathrooms threaten people's safety, job security and access to education.
- The school's bathroom facilities also received a new coat of paint at the same time.
- There's some mathematical equation that architects must follow that ensures there are enough bathrooms in a public facility.
- It contained a variety of rides for kids of all ages, with plenty for snack foods, drinks and conveniently located bathrooms.
- Jamie stood outside the door of one of the public bathrooms, his stomach in knots.
- He went to the bathroom, leaving Faye standing with an odd feeling in her gut.
- Glad that she made a good excuse, she walked off towards the ladies bathroom to regain her composure.
- Meanwhile, the long awaited public bathrooms are yet to open.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.