In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1baudio masculinebefore noun baud rate — velocidad media de transferencia feminine
- The serial line initializes the serial port to the proper baud and settings.
- Traditional GSM data access gives the user a maximum of 9600 baud over its radio coding scheme.
- This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud.
- The Land Mobile Radio system provides intermixed digital voice and data transmission over multiple 9,600 baud, half-duplex channels.
- That mojo wire was a 300 baud acoustic coupler driving a TTY session.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.