In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ventana en saliente feminine
- One of the navy blue curtains covered half of the huge bay window on the opposite wall.
- One idea is to have your contractor place a window a few feet down the wall from the bay window.
- Among the most common are arches, Palladium windows, bay windows and skylights.
- It was also bright in the room I had awoken in, early sunlight streaming in through the opened white blinds on the bay windows at the far wall of the room.
- Instead, a line of huge bay windows covered the left wall running the whole length of the mansion.
- A bay window with a window seat overlooks the front garden and two sets of double doors lead to the back garden.
- The air was beginning to clear, thanks to the big hole in the wall where the bay window used to be.
- On around one third of an acre, this gracious residence with double bay windows has not been occupied for a number of years and is in need of total refurbishment.
- She was in a well-furnished room, bookcases lined two walls, and three large bay windows made up the outside wall almost entirely.
- A lovely window seat has been built into one of the bay windows, and a pine floor has just been laid - the carpet was destroyed by our parties.
- I watched as the rain fell outside my bay windows.
- As well as a bay window with built-in window seats, there is another original fireplace.
- The room had a couple of advantages: a big black fireplace, a bay window on to the street, and orange walls.
- There's a fireplace in the living room and window seats or bay windows.
- While they were clearing away the debris, part of the wall surrounding the large bay window partially collapsed.
- Two of the four bedrooms on the first floor are doubles with box bay windows, while the remaining two are good-sized singles.
- Its highest point would be a curved white corner tower with bay windows, deep window recesses and balconies.
- The south-facing farmhouse was built in 1951 and features double bay windows to the front.
- The lights were off but the skylight and two large bay windows on the opposite wall provided more than enough light to see by.
- At the front of the house are two adjacent doubles, both with bay windows, picture rails and ceiling coving.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.