In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(oriental market)bazar masculine
2(charity sale)venta benéfica femininebazar masculine Colombia
- All proceeds from the raffle ticket sales and the bazaar itself will go directly to PILC Welfare Projects in the local community.
- When you wander into the Tabernacle Church Hall it reeks of bazaars and jumble sales.
- Kilcornan Community Council will hold a cake sale and bazaar in the centre on Sunday, May 16 after Mass.
- That and the Christmas bazaar are the two major fund-raising activities organised by the school every year.
- Easy Ways Products have been successfully sold through craft fairs, bazaars, horse sales and door to door throughout the county.
- A fundraising bazaar in aid of cancer research will be held in Crookstown Hall on Saturday, October 5, starting at 2 pm.
- Tickets for the raffle which will take place during the bazaar are on sale locally.
- Other funds came from bazaars and socials, garden sales, donations, and interest payments.
- He said: ‘Stan was a great person to be around and a wonderful organiser of our Christmas bazaars and May Day fairs.’
- The centre is funded largely by donations from abroad, many the result of bazaars, concerts and other fundraising activities.
- The Market grew from a volunteer-staffed, church bazaar sale in 1981, to an upscale destination with a year-round support staff of two.
- The ikebana exhibition was magnificent, there was an international bazaar and bake sale, entertainment and a raffle.
- The bazaar sale will be on Saturday, December 4, 2pm in the village hall.
- The best places to pick up cool vintage toys: Flea markets, church bazaars, garage sales.
- We had to borrow furniture and had to fundraise with Christmas bazaars, sales of work, that type of thing.
- Sales of refreshments will attract customers to your bazaar and probably contribute handsomely to your fund-raising efforts.
- A fund-raising bazaar in aid of the Rockfield National School building fund was held in the Community Centre, Coolaney, recently.
- All funds raised by the bazaar are distributed to local Thai charities to help the needy.
- One of the highlights of the bazaar, and a great fund-raiser for the group's charities, is the raffle.
- In addition to the practical work of caring, feeding, and sheltering, committees of volunteers have generated considerable revenue through charity fairs, church bazaars, and lamington drives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.