In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zona frente a la playa feminine(property/residence) frente a la playa
- Schools of mature spawners mass along the beachfront, often prowling within reach of piers and jetties.
- I went in August, temperatures were high, beachfronts were buzzing, but it was still possible to dine in the evening on the beach, to the restful lapping of Mediterranean waters.
- From the air, Bellamy was able to see beachfronts where whole communities had been destroyed, save for a mosque or other large structure.
- Now you see proliferation of raw fish restaurants all along the beachfronts.
- The three thousand troopers at the base had been suited up, and placed on the beachfronts of Manhattan.
- Iwsa has an extensive summer programme of swim and water safety courses at rivers, lakes and beachfronts throughout Ireland.
- The storm crossed land near the same state-line spot where Ivan arrived, pounding beachfronts already painfully exposed by denuded dunes, flattened neighborhoods and piles of rubble that threatened to turn into deadly missiles.
- Be prepared for cold showers and no electricity in your beachfront digs.
- Mr Adams was shocked by the scenes of devastation back on land, including at the beachfront Sheraton Krabi Beach Hotel where he was staying.
- Nor does the beachfront afford vistas up and down the coast: Turtle Bay is a secluded inlet which makes your activities feel personal.
- During the busy tourist season and particularly on sunny days, cars are reduced to one line of traffic to and from the beachfront.
- For instance, he transports the viewer to the Kozhikode beachfront, parts of Kannur and even the hill station Munnar.
- That's one of the dozens of nightclubs in Tel Aviv along the beachfront there.
- This is a great month to enjoy light-tackle action, while wet wading along the open beachfront.
- He found that his home was without power, and water was starting to enter the beachfront property.
- You might be able to see behind me part of a treetop that has been snapped off here on the beachfront down in Playa del Carmen.
- The race begins at the beachfront at Strandhill and goes straight to the top of the 1,050 feet Knocknarea mountain.
- Night fishing under lights is a classic exercise on bays, canals and beachfronts all along the Texas coast.
- She admitted she did not fear any new tsunamis, although her food stall, just like the others, was located on the beachfront.
- The posts were located on the beachfront, stretching from Tanah Pasir in North Aceh to Samalanga in Bireuen regency.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.