In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(market) de tendencia bajista(attitude/forecast) pesimista
- The Dow closed up 206 points on a day with mixed economic news, much of it bearish, none of it all that bullish.
- The patterns are the easiest to define: they are simply bullish and bearish patterns that alternate every five or so days.
- "Rising inflationary expectations are bearish to stocks and bonds because they lead to expectations of higher short-term interest rates.
- We based this forecast on our research showing that sentiment usually peaks or bottoms well before the actual price top or low, giving way to a bearish or bullish divergence similar to momentum measures of the market.
- ‘Fundamentals right now are bearish,’ he said.
- ‘That was the last time I'll go in a light aircraft,’ he repeats, sitting in a London cafe, his face a bearish bristle of hair, topping a navy blazer and jeans.
- Oil production had been falling since 1985 so the outlook for the industry was somewhat bearish.
- For instance, the last two weeks could have shown the market to be bullish while the last two years may have displayed a bearish tendency.
- As Arnoldo, tenor Chris Merritt is a lumbering, bearish presence.
- Herbst is a bearish Afrikaner with unruly graying hair and a love of a good joke.
- Also, we can say that a key reason behind the bearish trend in 2002 was the net selling of stocks by investors from overseas.
- Another important fact is that rising volume together with declining prices is also bearish.
- Paul was looking almost bearish with the face fuzz that he seems to grow every so often.
- Both of these are bearish signals for property share prices.
- His father was round, creased and bearish, his face puffy from heavy drinking and chain-smoking.
- The types we got at B&Q were young couples, old crusty workmen blokes, middle-aged couples, pensioners (usually on a Wednesday) and the odd beefy bearish labourer.
- Will increased volatility on the VIX be bullish or bearish for the Dow?
- As the stock market remained bearish, the government again was forced to relax the rules, and in October last year it abolished the 10% levy on profits repatriated after one year.
- At the time, a huge bearish divergence between Gold prices and Gold Stocks had developed with Gold prices making new highs, while Gold Stocks were unable to advance.
- But bearish effects of the US inventory data may be hurt as still scarce petrol supplies and a relatively optimistic global economic outlook encourage buying.
- Upon meeting his first jazz instructor there, a bearish Israeli whose last name is Katsenelenbogen, Matt cried out, ‘Six syllables!’
- When open interest is high at a market top and the price falls off dramatically, this scenario should be considered bearish.
- But the same report warned that the world economy is bearish and that considerable fluctuation may still be experienced by individual commodities, away from the main trend.
- The corresponding bearish divergence occurs when prices hit a new high, but the HPI reaches a lower top.
- Running the public affairs show is a bearish soldier who looks like the kind of guy who enjoys breaking things on his face.
- When TRIN is overbought and NH-NL returns a bearish signal, the stock market top has likely been reached.
- We met at work, and I was entranced by this big nerdy bearish intelligent fella.
- From a boyhood spent hunting and climbing in southern Idaho, Petzoldt grew into a bearish man with enormous flat feet and eyebrows of legendary bushiness.
- The week opened on a decidedly bearish note with the Dow Jones Industrial Average suffering its biggest one day loss since early February.
- That's why shares trade at a bearish $21, down from $28 on June 2.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.