In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ropa blanca de cama feminine
- All the bedlinen and cooking utensils are provided, so all you have got to do is buy the food and cook it.
- The summer sales have begun with discounts available on everything from furniture to bedlinen to the latest fashion items.
- The bedlinen in the main bedroom could be changed to co-ordinate with the rest of the colour scheme - at the moment it is a bit of a clash.
- Clothes, bedlinen, towels, curtains and shoes will be most welcome and will be sent to a poor area in Kenya, Africa.
- And I've stocked up on new bedlinen because well, most of the old stuff is too small.
- Every room is themed to a wine producer and features ‘deluge’ showers, luxurious towels, Egyptian cotton bedlinen adorning vast beds, DVD players and tasteful neutral decor.
- That the bedlinen had not been changed since previous occupants departed was substantiated by incontrovertible evidence beneath our pillows.
- I found plenty of temptation, with anything from lavender hand-cream and everything to do with olives to designer bedlinen and dainty shoes on offer.
- Give it a few months and you'll have your very own airing cupboard full of neatly folded bedlinen.
- At 54, creature comforts for Stevie Nicks comprise her own bedlinen, her favourite pillow and a much-loved green armchair, but sadly not her Yorkie, Sara Belladonna, named after two big Nicks hits.
- There is an impressive selection of children's furniture and Gustavian French farmhouse-style furniture, as well as a contemporary range of bedlinen, throws and leather and feather cushions.
- Though it has no porthole and is cramped and airless, it is comfortable, with clean white bedlinen, table reading lamps and the inevitable Chinese thermos flasks.
- All types of clothing, shoes and bedlinen needed.
- Bursts of colour and personality can be added via furnishings, bedlinen and accessories such as mobiles and wall hangings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.