In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escara femininefeminine úlcera de decúbito formal
- The 33 members now have their sights set on syringe drivers to help deliver medication more easily, as well as special air mattresses to help prevent patients from getting bedsores.
- I suppose they move every now and then to stop bedsores.
- He was in so much pain when he left that he immediately had to go into St Luke's Hospital for treatment for horrific bedsores.
- I saw her develop bedsores, and the bedsores heal just in time for another hospital admission and another set of sores to form.
- She did not develop bedsores because she moved around in pain so constantly, as no position was really comfortable for her.
- Pressure ulcers, or bedsores, are caused by excessive or prolonged pressure on the skin.
- Some things that help prevent bedsores include turning the patient, padding equipment, keeping skin clean and dry, using special mattresses, and making sure the patient gets enough calories.
- She was totally blind and because of lack of movement, she had developed a bedsore which had progressed into a large hole at the bottom of her spine, despite being turned by us every two hours.
- A couple of weeks ago, at the age of 52, he died of heart failure while being treated for an infected bedsore.
- He had been treated for a bedsore, but the wound became infected.
- Apparently, he died as a result of cardiac arrest after developing a serious systemic infection from a bedsore…
- It has controls that allow me to move it and myself into a sitting position and a special air-filled mattress attached to a pump so that I don't get bedsores from laying in one place for too long.
- I was astonished to see patients coming out of hospital with big infected bedsores.
- She had bedsores and blisters, and was infected with the winter vomiting bug.
- Overseas studies have also linked nurse shortages with other impacts on patients such as medication errors, increased rates of hospital infections, increased risk of bedsores and longer post-operative recovery times.
- When someone goes into hospital, you assume that they are getting the best care; then for him to die, not of the haemorrhage, but of the bedsore, was terrible.
- The bedsore on my left buttock cheek is blistered and bleeding.
- He spent most of his days in bed, trying to keep himself from throwing up his medications, moving from time to time to take the pressure off his bedsores, and listening to music as he faded in and out of fevered consciousness.
- A woman who watched her frail mother lie in agony after she developed bedsores at a private care home has vowed to help prevent elderly and immobile patients from having to endure the same pain.
- A nurse who failed to turn a patient regularly to avoid bedsores would usually be negligent, but not if she had so refrained on the express instructions of the surgeon who had recently operated on her.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.