In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When it is in bloom, the honey gathered from the beehives in the vicinity was valued highly.
- In yet another, carpenters using modern hand tools are making beehives.
- However, the honey must come from local beehives.
- The first sweet treat that humans indulged in was most likely honey from beehives.
- At their detached home on the edge of the village, Mrs Britton enjoyed tending the garden, where Mr Britton kept beehives.
- However, the ideal places for establishing bee colonies were locations where the farm pesticide use was low, and where there were several beehives in the wild.
- The highlight of the garden party was that an angry swarm of bees, whose beehive had been disturbed by accident, swooped down on the assembled guests.
- Other plans include flower beds, organic vegetable plots, beehives and a seating area.
- The farm consists of an area of fruit trees interplanted with annual vegetables, a mixed orchard of fruit trees with rows of beehives between the trees, 5 hectares of pasture, three hectares of wheat and a plantation of native pines.
- When he came in here, he knocked down a beehive and sent the bees flying all over.
- A few years ago the Honey Lady had tens of active beehives.
- Closer by, the route passes some super old farmyards and barns, one has recesses for beehives.
- The good boy's father was a beekeeper, so one evening our bold hero went down to his father's beehives with a large jam jar and collected a jar full of Drone bees.
- Think about the concentric pattern of honey, pollen, and brood that arises on the honey combs of a beehive.
- Her grandfather was a successful farmer who owned potato fields, beehives, and a few head of cattle.
- Wrapped in this parcel of frivolity is the arrival of the Kaani tribes from Papanasam who amused them by demonstrating the extraction of honey from the beehive and talking plain about their lifestyle.
- Similarly, honey is extracted from beehives maintained by the members.
- Mr Britton kept beehives in his garden and sold honey from the gate.
- I have very clear memories of the family, their beehives and garden.
- When Geoff Manning was given three beehives to care for as a young man he never imagined it would become a life-long passion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.