In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plbeetremolacha azucarera feminine
- It also contained two to three times the sugar content of sugar cane or sugar beets - think sugared cereal for cows.
- Slugs are attacking my leaf beet leaves growing in one of the containers on the patio.
- Most sugar beets are rough and grooved, so lots of soil sticks to them when they're pulled from the ground.
- Relatively easy to grow, beets are hardy and grow best in cool weather.
- The major crops grown by large agricultural enterprises are grain, sunflower seeds, and sugar beets.
- Sweet stuff, usually white when processed, sometimes brown, made from sugar beets or sugarcane…
- Maize and beet are widely grown in the Park by organic and non-organic farmers as livestock fodder crops.
- I also planted out the leaf beet seeds - they're not so large but they will do equally well outside.
- In agriculture the main products are meat and dairy, potatoes, sugar beets, barley, wheat, and turnips.
- The main crops are wheat, corn, sugar beets, sunflower seeds, and wine grapes.
- Europeans actually get their sugar from sugar beets which is laughable.
- Since it is derived from sugar beets, it contains a rich spectrum of nutrients.
- It costs twice as much to produce sugar from the beet grown in Europe than from the cane grown elsewhere.
- Another major industry concern is the tendency of mud and soil to stick to sugar beets at harvest, embedded in natural ridges.
- We have to build these tools for sugar beets because very few members of its plant family have been mapped.
- The surrounding farmers raise sugar beets, corn, and sunflowers for oil.
- Its agricultural crops are wheat, potatoes, sugar beets, barley, grapes, and cheese.
- Major crops are wheat and other grains, sugar beets, and potatoes.
- Finally I took pity on the leaf beet plants outside which were still looking rather sad, and repotted them into fresh compost.
- We plant successive crops of beets all season long, so they are almost always available to include.
US(beetroot)remolacha femininebetabel masculine Mexicobetarraga feminine Chileas red as a beet — rojo / colorado como la grana
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.