In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1principiantebeginner's luck — la suerte del principiante
- The beginner first learns a sequence of movements called the seven coordinations.
- You are never too young or old to learn and the skills you need to learn as a beginner are the same no matter what your reason for taking lessons.
- Make sure the staff are well qualified and sympathetic towards beginners and newcomers.
- These classes will cater for all categories, from beginners to advanced students.
- Today it is still widely used on the campus by keen climbers and beginners who want to learn the basics.
- The boat is wider than a racing craft and consequently is safer for beginners.
- This event will draw runners from all over the country but there will also be courses for beginners.
- For beginners, start with the three weeks and adapt it to your needs.
- The society is particularly is catering for beginners who want to learn the game and have a bit of fun at the same time.
- The course is intended for beginners and there are no formal entry requirements.
- If you have been gardening all of your life or if you are just a beginner, there is much to be learned by becoming a member of the club.
- Training on the course begins with the basics and complete beginners are catered for.
- This class is designed for the absolute beginner and no previous knowledge is necessary.
- All traditional instruments will be taught both for beginners and advanced students.
- Recently I gave up a couple of days fishing and acted as a guide to two beginners.
- This year we would particularly hope to send reading books and workbooks for beginners.
- We tried out a few steps and it was immediately obvious that our new pupils were complete beginners.
- Our tutors specialise in teaching beginners in a very relaxed homely atmosphere.
- But they are, says Gina, great places for beginners to start to learn about plants.
- This course is for beginners or people who want to refresh their computer skills.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.