In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1principiante femininebeginner's luck — la suerte del principiante
- We tried out a few steps and it was immediately obvious that our new pupils were complete beginners.
- If you have been gardening all of your life or if you are just a beginner, there is much to be learned by becoming a member of the club.
- The beginner first learns a sequence of movements called the seven coordinations.
- The society is particularly is catering for beginners who want to learn the game and have a bit of fun at the same time.
- Recently I gave up a couple of days fishing and acted as a guide to two beginners.
- Today it is still widely used on the campus by keen climbers and beginners who want to learn the basics.
- This course is for beginners or people who want to refresh their computer skills.
- Make sure the staff are well qualified and sympathetic towards beginners and newcomers.
- This class is designed for the absolute beginner and no previous knowledge is necessary.
- This event will draw runners from all over the country but there will also be courses for beginners.
- Training on the course begins with the basics and complete beginners are catered for.
- For beginners, start with the three weeks and adapt it to your needs.
- Our tutors specialise in teaching beginners in a very relaxed homely atmosphere.
- The course is intended for beginners and there are no formal entry requirements.
- But they are, says Gina, great places for beginners to start to learn about plants.
- You are never too young or old to learn and the skills you need to learn as a beginner are the same no matter what your reason for taking lessons.
- This year we would particularly hope to send reading books and workbooks for beginners.
- These classes will cater for all categories, from beginners to advanced students.
- The boat is wider than a racing craft and consequently is safer for beginners.
- All traditional instruments will be taught both for beginners and advanced students.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.