In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Part of my garden consists of a patio on which I have many pots housing a selection of Japanese acers, begonias, marigolds and nasturtiums.
- Other plants that can be easily brought inside to over winter include coleus, geraniums, basil and begonias.
- Rotate showy plants, such as orchids, begonias, and bromeliads, into your garden for color all year.
- Large flowered begonias look best with fewer, larger flowers.
- In summer months, bright annuals such as impatiens, begonia, and coleus make attractive companion plants.
- You can grow thousands of begonias from one small packet of seed.
- Summer-flowering bulbs such as dahlias, begonias and anemones bring variety, texture, unique color and long flowering times to summer gardens.
- I feel very mature and responsible for not actually spending all that money and staying at home and planting begonias and drinking lemonade on the lawn instead.
- Together with gladioli, lilies and begonias, the dahlias are one of the most important and popular summer-flowering bulbs.
- A diverse group of plants characterised by bright, multi-coloured flowers and leaves, begonias are plants which are found mainly in India's North-Eastern region.
- Now they are relying on visitors to generously donate money while admiring the beautiful petunias, begonias and busy lizzy flowers.
- The Display House has fine begonias in summer and orchids and cyclamens during autumn and winter.
- Are you supposed to pull up begonias in the winter?
- To get earlier blooms, start begonias growing indoors about six weeks before your planting-out date, the date in your area when the threat of night frosts is past.
- Likewise, flower boxes can hang on the deck's railings with azaleas and begonias brightening up that stark wood deck.
- Brightly coloured violas and begonias peek from every possible spot of dirt.
- The plants I am going to use include begonias, impatiens and verbenas, which should produce solid mounds and balls of colour.
- My yard always looked so nice and clean with its daylilies and begonias around each planted pine tree in the front yard.
- Summer annuals such as petunias, impatiens and begonias need warmer temperatures to thrive.
- Many people choose to plant begonias indoors in pots six weeks prior to their outside planting date to get blooms that much earlier in the summer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.