In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She is a fascinating, beguiling woman who I feel very privileged to have met in the flesh.
- Now the enterprising county council is inviting tourists to rediscover one of the region's most beguiling attractions, Sherwood Forest.
- With a beguiling, over the shoulder, come-hither look, she began to dance to the music.
- The most beguiling aspect of the report was its two-part thesis.
- Her playful way with the song was altogether beguiling.
- This is cool, sophisticated, endlessly intriguing downtempo electronica with a beguiling, organic sound.
- It can't just have been the mesmeric, beguiling videos by hip, ascendant directors.
- The result is an utterly beguiling game worthy of its legendary name.
- Very few people have ever seen these shy, utterly beguiling creatures on their immemorial trek.
- He is engaged to Rose, a beguiling socialite who is 25 years his junior.
- He played with easy beguiling brilliance, like neon light, at times erupting into shards of pure ecstatic electric yearning.
- With her allure, she is even fooling the foreign diplomats through her beguiling appearance.
- I have not driven a more beguiling engine all year.
- Pitfield's chamber music from the middle period is substantial yet beguiling.
- The former is an utterly beguiling, effortlessly simple piano ballad.
- Prepare to behold the most beguiling foodstuffs known to man.
- Looking into the beguiling eyes of the accused, his honor does not have the heart to sentence them.
- The more we linger, the more we see beguiling dances.
- The work opens with a beguiling play of diagonal white lines across a black screen, entering at irregular moments.
- In theater or cabaret, the redheaded "flapper" was a beguiling presence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.