In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(conduct)conducta femininecomportamiento masculinebehavior toward sb
- his behavior toward his wife was disgraceful — fue vergonzoso como se portó con su mujer
- The tendency toward formal behavior is strengthened by the tradition of using titles.
- This could lead to writing a code of conduct to guide their behaviour with each other.
- This forward behavior toward an adult earned him another frown from his older brother.
- If someone is to be responsible for this unacceptable behavior, it had to be him.
- It was tempting to condemn him for his attitude and his behaviour towards the girl.
- This pattern of behavior continued until it was time for the first quarter's report card.
- Teaching is undermined by poor behaviour and teachers need practical support.
- They often show aggressive behavior toward health professionals when the truth of the symptoms is challenged.
- There is no evidence of any self harm or of threatening or aggressive behaviour towards others.
- It was totally unacceptable behaviour towards people who had given you long and loyal service.
- I don't think it is wrong, or a waste of time, to point out the virtue of manners and good behaviour.
- If this fails to moderate bad behaviour, officers will visit the family home.
- We then had to consider whether permanent exclusion was a reasonable response to that behaviour.
- The other is that the signing of the pledge was a form of indirectly enforced good behaviour.
- He complained that the doctor's behaviour towards him had been inappropriate.
- Set a good example with your courteous behavior toward the parents of kids on the other team.
- Nella was still angry at their patronising and arrogant behaviour towards her in those times.
- Seldom have we witnessed a more shameless display of rude and vulgar behavior towards an invited guest.
- He was a gentleman through and through, and his behaviour towards her had never been less than proper.
- Thinking helps us to consider what is, or is not, appropriate behavior towards fellow human beings.
2(functioning)Mechanics funcionamiento masculinePhysics Chemistry comportamiento masculine
- Failing to do that leaves the system open to potential behavior that falls short of the mark.
- Knowing these natural instincts and behaviors can give you some insight training your cat.
- Mary's frustration turned into rage, and her behavior became increasingly erratic.
- In addition, the meaning of many social and emotional behaviours may not become apparent until the child is older.
- Children may have to suppress their natural behaviours and tendencies to conform and fit in, which can cause undue distress.
- We see this as a valuable perspective on reproductive behavior in natural habitats.
- You only understand how human behavior functions if you look at both sides.
- The behavior of the machine is fascinating, but it has little to do with the concept of counting.
- Soon though, my growing depression and erratic behaviour put a terrible strain on our love.
- The variability of behaviors in natural settings may be a result of several factors.
- I gave up after much erratic behaviour on her part and distanced myself from fear.
- When staff became concerned by his erratic behaviour and obscene language they called police.
- Perhaps this is because they mimic evolved solutions, so their behaviour seems more natural.
- In fact operating transnationally should be a natural and normal behaviour.
- This is so the otters' food can be hidden to encourage their natural foraging behaviour.
- Ants exemplify many behaviors and phenomena which are common to other insect species.
- What would a roomful of machines exhibiting this behavior sound like?
- In times of crisis, companies tend to fall back on their habitual patterns of behavior.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.