In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pantalones de pata de elefante masculine
- In the last few years, we had a revival of 60s and 70s fashion, with turtlenecks, bell-bottoms and jeans cut to fray dominating the landscape.
- She had red hair that was long and wavy; she had blue eyes and was wearing bell-bottoms and a shirt that said, ‘I am crazy!’
- ‘Nothing, mom, she just wants to come over’ I clumped back upstairs and changed into a teal sweater and khaki bell-bottoms.
- So it is a lot closer to jeans than bell-bottoms.
- The girl, who answered to ‘Lee’, looked positively hippie in her black corduroy bell-bottoms and paisley smock with flare-sleeves.
- Tyler thought she looked rather pretty wearing a pair of jeans she'd made into bell-bottoms herself, and a long-sleeved light blue shirt under a grey polar fleece vest.
- She stood and wandered to the bathroom for a five-minute shower, then appeared in the kitchen in bell-bottoms and a fuzzy white sweater.
- Christina was wearing her hair up in a ponytail, she had high heels that made her seem almost to be Toby's height, pink bell-bottoms, and a baby blue short halter-top.
- In fact, I think I still have a nice pair of blue and white check bell-bottoms with a cheeky ‘high-waist’ somewhere in my wardrobe.
- When Matt arrives at the doorway, he's wearing not only the glasses but also bell-bottoms.
- My friends wore hip huggers and bell-bottoms which I staunchly refused to even consider.
- I changed into a pair of black bell-bottoms and a white keyhole peasant shirt that had lace on the cuffs.
- She kept arguing, but in the end, he found an imitation hippie outfit with serious bell-bottoms and a tye-dye shirt that she consented to wear.
- Damien approached the young woman in her faded denim jean bell-bottoms and her Latin flare, colour-splashed top.
- Remember the bell-bottoms of the '60s and '70s?
- If you need an extra outfit, you can pair yesterday's top with the bell-bottoms from the day before.
- I bought Ronnie a pair of white bell-bottoms with pink candy stripes.
- Celia was wearing turquoise corduroy bell-bottoms and a tank top, her hair in two French plaits.
- When the topic of dressing up comes, one would invariably think of the latest low-waist trousers and tops, bell-bottoms and a host of other designer wear.
- I was trying to run in platform shoes, bell-bottoms and a long coat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.