1bellas letras feminine
- Books of literate and entertaining essays on occasional topics - what used to be called belles-lettres - are no longer common, and that is a shame.
- Lowenstein notes that the exclusion of Jews from prestigious professions such as the higher bureaucracy, military, and judiciary stimulated cultural creativity in more open environments such as journalism and belles-lettres.
- We review both belles-lettres and nonfiction.
- 'With an Essay on Style' and 'Essays from the Guardian' encapsulate his engagement with Victorian periodical journalism and belles-lettres.
- This is downright impossible unless you reach for the treasury of belles-lettres, for its rich variety of expression.