In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This finding suggests that these functional domains may be particularly sensitive to exposure to solvents such as toluene, xylene, and benzine.
- He also tried to make use of the by-products of oil, selling benzine, paraffin, and petroleum jelly, and at one point drawing up plans to convert sulfuric acid into fertilizer.
- A slick of toxic benzine floats into the city, confirming that the river, the city's main supply of water, is dangerously polluted.
- We also asked for about 2500 liters of benzine for our vehicles.
- The refinery would now produce fuel with ten times lower sulphur levels and two thirds lower benzine levels, supplying New Zealand with some of the world's cleanest burning and highest quality fuels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.