In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The financial means to pursue these objectives came from benefactors' bequests some of which were very considerable - and economic activities.
- Funded largely by public donations and bequests, the RPSCA has a privileged status as the inspector and prosecutor of state laws on animal cruelty.
- The support to the annual appeal, requests for donations, bequests and events organised by the society has been fantastic and is much appreciated.
- One idea for improvement might be to tax each bequest rather than the estate as a whole: smaller bequests would be untaxed.
- Alternatively, you could offer what is left of the value of your estate after all debts and administration expenses have been settled and any specific bequests have been met.
- Ninety percent of the collections are gifts or bequests.
- Alumni and other private donors contributed $156 million more in donations, bequests and non-government grants and contracts.
- From various patrons they may receive outright gifts, sponsorships, bequests, donations in kind and money.
- The Flower Fund is funded by bequests, along with donations given instead of flowers at funerals, from which it takes its name.
- The religious charity said today it was ‘humbled’ by the generosity of one of the biggest bequests ever made.
- Outline the division of your estate giving details of cash legacies to friends or charities, bequests of specific property.
- Meanwhile, the picture collection continued to grow by purchase, bequests, and marriage settlements.
- The charity gets no support from national or local government and is entirely reliant on donations, bequests and fundraising.
- However the opportunities to grant bequests, or to leave legacies and gifts are pre-empted.
- Those with significant assets are more likely to fund large charitable gifts or bequests, making for more challenging work.
- This inaugural donation of silver to the society was followed by many more gifts and bequests of family silver over the next century.
- Funding comes from campaigns, bequests, legacies and the continuing generosity of citizens.
- Earlier this year the foundation successfully bid £26,000 using money from its Development Fund, comprising bequests and donations by members.
- And outright gifts and bequests to charity are completely free of inheritance tax.
- Monasteries were foremost among the great landowners because, as in western Europe, they received donations and bequests from the laity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.