1to be bereft of sth — verse privado de algo
- totally bereft of inspiration — desprovisto de toda inspiración
- The collapse of the old left/right divide has left political life bereft of clear competing principles.
- Determining what dreams mean is an inexact science, but not one bereft of logic and sense.
- We are now sanitized and correct, factual and precise, but tragically bereft of relationship.
- Why was he so chronically bereft of the social skills necessary for good political management?
- Such a claim is bereft of imagination, competence and, dare I say, common sense.
- Only Steve looked like a man ready to take responsibility while all around him players looked bereft of confidence.
- Suddenly this community is bereft of sporting success and devoid of any heroes.
- With little or no rain in the last week the venue should be bereft of any significant colour and roach and perch will be the main target species.
- Tobacco has no attraction for me, though I am far from being bereft of vices.
- It was a curious match, bereft of the usual passion of the fixture.
- But the film is strikingly bereft of tangible anger, its mood more poignant than incendiary.
- Long grass on each side of the street, a derelict and neglected building bereft of glass and doors.
- Such is the current attack - one devoid of reason, bereft of honour and lacking in morality.
- Although deciduous, it reveals an attractive network of small stems and branches when bereft of leaves.
- But these objects will be bereft of the patina of age, the rips, tears and stains that create a sense of history.
- There are the owners who go and leave their dogs at home for six or seven hours a day, bereft of human company and unable to relieve themselves.
- Critics are also right in suggesting that his policy agenda is somewhat bereft of concrete plans.
- Access to politicians is the least of our worries - the problem is that politics is bereft of any vision that inspires us.
- How can you feel bereft of something that you have never experienced?
- The channel at best is purely vague and bereft of any creative leanings.