In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Black matches almost every existing color, so try your pink sweater with black pants or Bermuda shorts.
- The ad featured a photograph of a gentleman wearing a pair of Bermuda shorts, socks and tasselled shoes, overlaid with a label with the show's name… ‘What Not To Wear’.
- I took a quick shower and looked into my closet, choosing a pair of Madras plaid Bermuda shorts and Abercrombie polo.
- Will I still think he looks amazing in his retiree-white leather loafers and Bermuda shorts?
- Slip-on sandals are extremely versatile as they can be worn with dressier chinos, jeans and even a nice pair of Bermuda shorts.
- With the first rays of British summertime sunshine coaxing the boys into Bermuda shorts and the girls into bikinis, it's time to think about some other essential seasonal fashion statements - our cars.
- But even before Bermuda shorts were officially installed in the army, troops were cutting off their trousers at the knees to get some heat relief.
- Otherwise, he was dressed in Bermuda shorts, a T-shirt, white socks and black sneakers.
- She wore the same Bermuda shorts and white t-shirt as earlier during the day.
- He showed up in a casual outfit - a green-striped, long-sleeved top, Bermuda shorts and sneakers.
- My uncle has an affinity for Hawaiian floral print shirts and Bermuda shorts.
- This said, you should always anchor your summer wardrobe around a few stylish pairs of pants and Bermuda shorts.
- For those who have less attractive bodies, Bermuda shorts also help cover up most imperfections.
- It's still a fine dining restaurant; no matter how old it is, so forget about wearing a T-shirt and Bermuda shorts.
- As a seminary student I was not allowed to take a final exam because I showed up in Bermuda shorts.
- The Bermuda shorts have been abandoned and replaced by khakis and long-sleeved shirts.
- The famous Bermuda shorts, a legacy of the British Army's uniform, are worn by businessmen, along with jackets, ties, and knee socks.
- Grabbing my newly laundered dark olive green hoodie and my favorite black Bermuda shorts, I was officially ready.
- The famous Bermuda shorts were invented in the Fifties when hems were creeping up and shorts becoming dangerously brief.
- I'm wearing flip-flops, Bermuda shorts and an anime t-shirt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.