In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Botany baya feminineas brown as a berry
- they came back from Spain as brown as berries — volvieron de España negros como el carbón / como un tizón
- Once firm, top with sweetened berries and aged balsamic vinegar, or lots of shavings of chocolate.
- It has a freshly scented bouquet of pared Granny Smith apples, pears and ripe berries.
- The grapes are picked and deposited into small bins so none of the fruit - even the berries on the bottom - gets crushed.
- Sloe gin is flavored with sloe berries instead of juniper, the flavoring in regular gin.
- Add the black peppercorns, juniper berries, thyme, rosemary, sage, lovage, and bay leaf.
- The larvae hatch and grow in the fruit, destroying the berry.
- For the number of flowers, berries and seeds per fruit, ten inflorescences were used, each inflorescence sampling from a different vine or cutting.
- Spoon over reserved fruit juice. Garnish with berries and a sprig of mint.
- I have a friend that makes the most wonderful gooseberry ice-cream, using fresh berries and Greek yoghurt.
- Drupes and berries, the classic fleshy fruits, first appeared in the late Cretaceous or early Tertiary.
- Add almost all of the remaining berries and strain the fruit, keeping all the juices.
- Libran foods and plants include many fruits - strawberry, peach, apple, autumn berries.
- Add the remaining butter olives, caper berries, and parsley and mix to combine.
- They are present in grape berries and leaves where they occur mainly under glycoconjugated forms.
- For breakfast I am to have muesli, yogurt and berries, which are all quite delicious.
- Good dietary sources are citrus fruits, berries, peppers, potatoes and tomatoes, as well as supplements.
- The dark purple berries, fruit of the blackthorn, are best after the first frosts because they break down more easily.
- Sweet sabayon is often used to accompany fresh berries or stone fruit.
- The primary flavoring agent, the one used by all producers is the juniper berry.
- Whether you are fortunate enough to have a garden bursting with ripening soft fruits, berries and currants, or whether you buy them at the shops, this is the time to indulge.
- Freezing berries and slices of strawberries and pineapple in ice cubes before dropping into glasses of good, ordinary white and red wines is another hot-day treat.
- A varied composition provides continuity of food supply for birds and small mammals, with seeds, fruits and berries ripening at different times.
- Mix the peaches and berries with the caster sugar in a buttered one-litre pie dish.
- Game birds and waxwings eat the berries of cedars and junipers.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mix the berries with the muscovado sugar and lime juice, crush roughly and leave to marinade with the purple basil leaves.
fresas, frambuesas, moras etc
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.